Patients & Physicians
Whether you are a patient seeking care or a physician looking for a referral, UNC Cancer Care has the expertise and compassionate care that you're looking for. To get started, browse our resources below.
- Mental Health Services (In Person and via Telemedicine): Providing support and symptom management for the psychological challenges that may accompany a cancer diagnosis
- Patient and Family Resource Center: Located in the heart of the N.C. Cancer Hospital lobby, the center offers services to help address the challenges families face related to their medical treatment and life issues that surround the diagnosis of cancer.
- Cancer Genetics Counseling: Our Cancer Genetics Counseling Services provide consultations during which the family history of cancer is assessed, information about genetic testing is given and genetic testing facilitated when appropriate.
- Integrative Medicine: A personalized solution to healing that focuses on the whole person
- Nutrition: Individual nutrition counseling and other services from an oncology-certified registered dietitian
- Pastoral Care: The N.C. Cancer Hospital chaplain works with people of all faiths and religious backgrounds
- Pharmacy and Medication Consultation: Pharmacists work with your care team to address any concerns related to medication including chemotherapy and symptom management.
- Single Fathers Due to Cancer: A program is dedicated to helping the thousands of fathers who each year lose their spouses to cancer and must adjust to being sole parents.
- Smoking Cessation: Helping cancer patients and family members quit smoking and other tobacco use
- Supportive Care: A team dedicated to care that improves the quality of life for cancer patients
- Survivorship Programs and Services: Tools to help you survive cancer with confidence, provided by Carolina Well, UNC Lineberger Cancer Survivorship Program